Well I have my presentation put together and its ready to go. For our presentation our teacher put together a little workshop type of thing. I guess you could call it that, but it was put into sessions, where there were three sessions during the whole period of time and each session lasted about 10 minutes. Personally I didn't like how our presentation was set up. We also had to present to people that we knew and saw on a daily basis, upperclassmen that is. I would've rather presented to random people that I don't associate with daily. I think that the audience would be more engaged and I also would put forth more effort in my presentation. I mean I'm not saying that I didn't put any effort into my presentation, but I feel like I would put in better effort if the presentation was set up differently.
Overall my presentation went very well. I was able to present my information in a clear way that was easy to understand. I showed a little bit of each of my papers to my audiences and they seemed to think my writing was great. I think I did a good job in presenting my information but I will say there were times where it sounded like I wasn't very enthusiastic about it. For the most part my audiences were impressed by my work and some of them asked me how they should write their papers and what it takes to write a good paper. My one major piece of advice is to do lots and lots of research so you can become an expert on your topic and an expert in writing as well. Without good research you won't get the results that you are hoping for and in the end it may be a disappointment, but there is always time improve.
So far throughout this whole project I've learned some great things that will help me in the future. I wouldn't say that I learned a lot, but I learned a good chunk of information about writing. I think that writing my argumentative paper took the most time and research, just because you have to find good and credible research for both sides of your argument. Your paper takes a long time to put together but in the end you'll be impressed with the results. I was beyond happy with the results I got from my argumentative paper. I didn't even think I could write like that. I wouldn't have been able to write that good of a paper if I hadn't done as much research as I did. I probably spent a good three weeks to a month finding good pieces of evidence that were credible to put into my paper. I will say that at first it's overwhelming but once you get all your research done everything else is a piece of cake. Just remember research is key into putting together an amazing paper.
On a side note from the argumentative paper, I learned two new styles of writing. As said and explained in previous blog posts, I learned how to write and informative paper and how to write a personal narrative. Writing an informative paper is one of the easiest styles of writing. You can literally write about anything you want to. You are writing to inform, just like I'm doing right now. I'm informing you about what I've learned and what my thoughts are about it. On the other hand a personal narrative is fairly easy to write as well. It's basically your personal experiences and your thoughts on things. The writing process for this paper should come along easy and smooth because its associated with you and your thoughts and you're the only person who 100% knows what is going on with you and your thoughts. No one else can tell you what to think or feel. So when writing a personal narrative, get personal. Don't be scared to pour out your feelings into your writing and just have fun with it.
Well I think its safe to say that this project went very well. It was nice sharing everything with guys, from when I first started to where I'm at now. This project was a great learning experience and it showed me what I can really do. You are capable of doing anything. If you put hard work and effort into anything you're doing, you will get the results you want. Hard work, dedication, and zero procrastination is what it takes to achieve the highest of successes. Work for what you want ans don't give up when the going gets tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment